EESPL provides Managed Services for solar sites in Telecom & Non- Telecom sectors.
High quality and timely servicing increases the productivity of solar power plants and reduces maintenance and repair costs. PV-stations are simple and unpretentious in maintenance; however, their effectiveness and return on investment depend on how professionally the construction is carried out, subsequent maintenance, and monitoring of the functioning of individual elements of the system. High-quality operation and maintenance (O&M) are one of the main ways to ensure the most highly efficient operation of a solar power plant.
Dduring the operation of the power plant, equipment malfunctions are also possible: “hot spots” and micro cracks on the surface of solar modules, string commutation failure and inverter equipment, weakening of terminal contacts, damage to insulation, etc. Any damage to the power generating equipment leads to a decrease in the efficiency of the station, therefore, constant monitoring of the status of devices and wiring is necessary. Perodical cleaning of solar panels is the key to meet up efficiency and projected solar generation maximising uptime and PR.
It is worth noting that the failure of just a few silicon cells in one photo module significantly reduces the productivity of a solar power plant. The timely monitoring & replacement of the problem module helps to avoid this decrease.
Monitoring of plant parameters and regular inspection help identify the gaps and mitigation of the same will help to maximise solar generation .
Typical Maintenance Needs
Solar Power Plants’ Key Indicators Monitoring
After the commissioning of a solar power plant, systematic monitoring of its condition is required to notice and eliminate possible failure or malfunctions in time. Including remote online monitoring by using special service programs. Measured indicators:
- General indicators (voltage, current, performance);
- Amount of electricity generated;
- Status of connections and terminations in junction boxes;
- Solar energy conversion efficiency;
- Monitoring Plant uptime excluding Grid Downtime;
- Monitoring of PR (Performance ratio).
Measurements allow us to determine that the power plant is stable and does not need additional adjustment.
Solar Station Equipment Operation and Maintenance
The service includes regular inspection and situational (unscheduled) support, which involves the departure of the emergency team, diagnostics and repair work:
- Checking the condition of cables and equipment.
- Thermal inspection of connection boxes and power circuits.
- Conducting an audit of contact compounds.
- Grounding resistance measurement.
- Temperature measurement of PV modules and inverter power section.
- Internal cleaning of the inverter from dust and dirt.
- Check bolt connections.
- Inspection of all equipment and insulation for mechanical damage.
- Carrying out maintenance.
- Processing of indicators and electronic layout transfer.
- Indicators reconciliation acts drawing up.
- Tightening of solar structures.
- Periodical cleaning of solar panels.
The solar power plant needs further maintenanceservicing, which includes an overview of the integrity of the fence, mowing grass, tree cutting ,cleaning the surface of photovoltaic modules, caring for sewers, and much more. Regular cleaning of modules surface prevents the debris and dirt accumulation and helps maintain optimal solar panel performance.